Sunday, August 7, 2011

Chapter 5

The next few weeks passed like a whirlwind getting ready to go to Europe. There were a ton of meetings to go to, and soon it was time to fly out. Steph and Jon met the rest of the band and they boarded the Jovi jet. It was going to be a 10 hour flight. Upon boarding the plane Steph looked around. It was not a normal plane. There were plush couches for seating, and a private area for them to sleep if need be. There was a small kitchen area.
"Alright woman, what are you going to cook for us?" Richie said once they took off.
"Me?" Steph replied. "Who told you I cook?"
"Kidd over here says you've been a wiz in his kitchen over the last couple of weeks."
"Richie," Jon said, "It's 5 am...can't we wait a little bit for breakfast?"
"I suppose. I just thought it would be good to have some real food for a change. Instead of the cardboard I've been eating."
Steph laughed. "Just give me a few to respond to some of these emails and I'll get breakfast started."
"All work and no play..." Tico chimed in.
"She makes it so all I have to do is show up and look pretty," Jon said. "I'm getting used to this spoiled treatment of actually enjoying the meetings. Hopefully she'll relax a little in Europe."
"No chance in hell guys," Steph said. "There's too much to do."
"Have you called your sister about the last show in Lisbon yet?" Jon asked. 
"Not yet. Although she's going to freak when she finds out I'm working for you. She thinks you're a god."
"Damn! I got the wrong sister," Jon said. "I want the one that thinks I'm a god."
Richie snorted. "Jonny there are so many women out there that think you're a god. You're lucky you got one that keeps you grounded."
"Alright guys, if I'm going to get any kind of relaxation at all on this flight, I have to finish these emails, and keep my job at making Jon look like a god." She winked at them, as Jon picked up a pillow and tossed it at her. She got up and walked behind the door of the private area of the plane. She couldn't hear any voices and was pleasantly surprised to discover it was soundproof. Peace at last. She started working.
"So Jonny," Richie said once she was all settled in and working, "Did you fuck her yet?"
Jon rolled his eyes at them. "Please there is way more to her than that."
"That's a no guys. This is a new record for Jonny. He's around the most beautiful creature for two weeks and nothing," Richie said with a teasing grin.
Jon just crossed his arms and glared at Richie.
"I don't think we should go there man," David said. "Somehow I think this one is different. She may even be the one to help him when the divorce comes."
"Guys," Jon said, exasperated. "Steph and I are just friends and she works for me. There is nothing going on. She's a fantastic girl."
"Yup," Tico said, "She's under your skin."
Jon sighed. His brothers knew him too well. "Yeah, well, I guess so. But I've got to take things slow with her. She's not ready for my level of intensity."
"Bad breakup?" Richie asked.
"That's what she told me that first night we took you out to dinner when we got back to the apartment. We both got a little drunk and there was fooling around, but she came to her senses and said she wasn't ready. She also said she wanted to be. Nothing has happened since."
"Well we have three months of being over here. A lot can happen in three months," Richie pointed out. 
"We'll see," Jon said.
Steph came out a little while later. "Ok boys, work is all done. Who wants breakfast?"
"I do!" 4 voices echoed in unison.
"Ok," Steph walked over to the kitchen and looked around. She found bread, eggs, cheese, cinnamon and vanilla, and bacon. She got started on making french toast, scrambled eggs and cheese, and bacon.
Jon came up behind her and casually wrapped an arm around her waist. "We do have an in flight cook you know..."
"Now you tell me."
"I'm just teasing. Do you need any help?"
"Nope," she replied. "You guys relax and enjoy the flight. It's the last bit of relaxing you'll do before the concerts start. I'm looking forward to seeing you guys up on that stage."
"Yup. during the time we're performing is the time that you actually get to relax."
"And you'll be working hard up there. I must say its going to feel weird at a concert without my big sister, and doing the Jovi fist pumping."
Jon just raised his eyebrows. "You guys were groupies?"
"No." she replied. "My sister was a groupie. I just got caught up in all of her excitement."
"I see," Jon said. "Well, I think it'll be great to watch you excited over my shows." 
Seeing the breakfast was almost ready, Jon reached up and grabbed some plates.
"I  thought I told you to relax," she said.

"Can't help it. It's been weird not feeling like so much of a workaholic."
"Ok," she replied, "Since you're here," she dished up a couple of plates. "Take these over to the guys."
He did as she asked. She finished dishing up the breakfast and handed the guys their plates. Then she brought out a large pot of coffee, and juice for everyone, and loaded the dishes into the dishwasher and walked over and sat next to David and Richie. She figured that was safer than sitting with Jon.
"How is everything guys?"
Richie paused in mid bite. "You're cooking breakfast for me every day. Especially if you don't end up with Jonny. I expect breakfast in bed."

2 comments:

  1. Ok, I would not make it as a PA if cooking was a requirement. I totally suck at it:(
    Steph seems to have the job down to a science though. Good chapter...I'm so jazzed to see where this story is going:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She learns fast! Got a nice long add written for tonight...theres a concert involved!

    ReplyDelete