Monday, August 1, 2011

Chapter 3

"Nice to meet you Tico," she said warmly.
"Please," he replied, "All of the beautiful ladies call me Teek."
"Jeez, I leave her alone for an hour and she has Teek hitting on her when I get back," Jon's said as entered the room.
"I'm not hitting on her. Not yet anyway. We've only just met." Tico winked at her.
"Yes," she said, "We have. And I believe mister, that we have a dinner in Jersey to get to."
"Dinner?" Tico asked. "With Richie? Can I come?"
"Sure," Jon said casually, "We might as well call David too. I think Steph should meet all of you guys since she's coming with us to Europe in a week."
"Throwing me right into the fire, huh?"
"Well, if all of the guys approve of you, then I can never fire you," Jon teased with a sexy grin.
"Well, I'm pretty sure I work for you, not them, but according to some of the information I've read in the last few hours, what those boys have to say means a great deal to you. So, I'm up for the challenge."
"We're hardly a challenge beautiful," Tico said with a grin.  "Just flirt a little and smile and we'll all be under your spell. Clearly Jonny is under yours. His mood is lighter than I've seen it in a couple of years."
Steph laughed as Jon tried to give Tico a nasty look, but realized he was right so smiled instead. "And just think. I've known her less than a day."
"Wow...Steph, you're amazing," Tico replied.
"Does that mean you approve?" Steph asked with a smile.
"Of course it does, little lady."
"Yay," she said with a grin. "That makes two out of three."
"You've met Richie, I take it?" Tico asked.
"Of course."
"Guys," Jon said feeling a little jealous that the attention was not on him. "We should get going. Teek you can ride with us. And please, call David and have him meet us."
"Of course."
They headed downstairs and found the car waiting for them. The drive to Jersey was great. The three of them spent time talking and laughing and joking. Steph couldn't believe what a change had come over Jon in the last twenty four hours. He went from a dark mood to a much lighter mood. She hoped she had something to do with that, but really had no clue of the effect she had on him.
They pulled up to the rehab facility where Richie was waiting outside for them. He climbed in the car and looked at Jon.
"Damn Steph, you must be amazing in the sack. Jonny looks like a completely new man already."
Everyone laughed except Steph who blushed. She recovered quickly. "It's amazing what a good night of passing out on the woman you're hanging out with because you're drunk will do for a man."
"Shit," Jon said with a grin. "What did I sleep through? I knew we had sex!"
"Honey," Steph drawled, "If we had sex then believe me you'd remember."
God, was she flirting with him. And in front of his friends. He's your boss for crying out loud. Cut it out.
"Damn, Jonny," Tico said, "If you don't take that on, then I might have to."
"Aren't you happily married?" Steph asked with a grin.
"Guilty as charged," Tico replied sheepishly. "At least my wife knows I'm a hopeless flirt."

1 comment:

  1. Great story... Love it... Can't wait til there's another chapter soon! :)

    Sambora/Jovi Girl

    ReplyDelete